Santa Clara | Mumbai, February 15, 2013: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS), a leading IT services, consulting and business solutions firm, today, announced that it has been designated as a Leader in Enterprise Mobility Services by Forrester Research, Inc., a leading independent research company, in its report The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Mobility Services, Q1 2013.
Among the attributes cited in the report are the company’s end-to-end enterprise mobility solutions, which are strongest in technology and technology development, its innovation in enterprise mobility in areas such as transportation, energy, retail, healthcare, and insurance, and its strong pool of technical developers and integration experts.
The Forrester Wave™ reports evaluate vendors based on criteria set through past research, user need assessments, vendor strategy and expert interviews. After examining all components, a set of initial evaluation criteria is developed. In this particular report, Forrester Research used this information to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of 13 enterprise mobility providers and users. The 13 companies were evaluated based on 15 criteria including current offering, strategy and market presence.
“Mobility is transforming the world around us, and, at TCS, we are well-positioned to serve our global customers’ enterprise mobility needs,” said Dr. Satya Ramaswamy, Vice President and Global Head, Mobility, TCS. “We believe that our market presence and global customer adoption is a clear indication of the value of our strategy and offerings in this space. We have created this new world class service-line within TCS in an entrepreneurial fashion and scaled it rapidly to meet the needs of our global customers.”
TCS’ mobility team is headquartered within the TCS Customer Collaboration Center in Santa Clara, at the heart of Silicon Valley, and has delivery centers around the world. TCS’ mobility experts serve more than 140 global customers located in all major geographies.
TCS provides a comprehensive set of enterprise mobility products and services as well as wide-ranging ecosystem partnerships that leverage the power of today’s mobile devices to transform enterprise business processes and customer interfaces.
TCS’ enterprise mobility products offered in licensed or cloud-based business models include the following:
- Foundational platforms: Platforms to develop, test and deploy enterprise and consumer mobile applications across multiple mobile platforms
- Horizontal mobility products: Mobility products that could be used by enterprises regardless of their industry
- Vertical mobility products: Mobility products that are specific to particular industries that have been developed leveraging TCS’ deep domain knowledge in these industries
TCS’ enterprise mobility service offerings include the following:
- Mobility strategy and architecture development services for both enterprise and consumer application systems
- Mobile application development and maintenance services, including user experience design as well as the development of applications and mobility middleware across all major industry platforms
- Mobile application testing services including functional, performance, security and usability testing
- Mobile app store and ad-network services
- Mobile analytics services
About Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (TCS)
Tata Consultancy Services is an IT services, consulting and business solutions organization that delivers real results to global business, ensuring a level of certainty no other firm can match. TCS offers a consulting-led, integrated portfolio of IT, BPO, infrastructure, engineering and assurance services. This is delivered through its unique Global Network Delivery Model™, recognized as the benchmark of excellence in software development. A part of the Tata group, India’s largest industrial conglomerate, TCS has over 263,000 of the world’s best-trained consultants in 44 countries. The company generated consolidated revenues of US $10.17 billion for year ended March 31, 2012 and is listed on the National Stock Exchange and Bombay Stock Exchange in India. For more information, visit us at www.tcs.com.
TCS Media Contacts:
Phone: +91 22 6778 9999
Europe / UK:
Phone: +32 2282 1927
Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91 22 6778 9078 | +91 22 6778 9081
USA / Canada:
Phone: +1 646 313 4594
Phone: +65 9139 3668
Australia and New Zealand:
Phone: +61(2) 8456 2800
# # #