TCS Connected Universe Platform
Amid the proliferation of devices and equipment with in-built sensors, the Internet of Things (IoT) is taking shape. This is creating new opportunities for enterprises to drive efficiencies, offer new levels of service, and even come up with new revenue streams by gathering, storing, and analyzing data captured by the embedded sensors. Businesses need a simple, holistic platform to extract, store, and analyze sensor data and events, and develop applications.
- A holistic offering: A unified, flexible solution, based on open source platforms and components, that addresses the needs of diverse operating environments and stakeholders. The platform enables role-based access control, thus augmenting security and privacy.
- An offering that is product agnostic: The solution can be deployed across heterogeneous and interoperable devices, sensors, and applications.
- The ability to manage large volumes of data: The offering helps enterprises better manage network communication loads by leveraging M2M communication protocols. It also enables businesses to address complexities related to data storage by using Big Data enabled architecture and distributed computing.
- Deep domain expertise: The solution is backed by over 18 patent-pending sensor and wireless technologies, including an Integrated Sensor Cloud Platform, as well as solutions for distributed computing on edge devices, and secure communication and privacy.
- Strategic alliances: TCS’ solution has been built in partnership with several leading players in the IoT space, ensuring robust and best-in-class technology.
- New revenue streams and services: Offer new products and services or new pricing models. For example, an insurer can charge premiums for car insurance based on the consumer’s driving history and behavior.
- Accelerated time to market: Reduce development time by 50 percent through our ready-to-use platform, which makes application development efficient. This also brings down the cost of development and deployment of IoT applications.
- Improved customer experience: Enhance customer experience by leveraging IoT data. For example, healthcare organizations can use data captured by wearable devices to anticipate customers’ needs and help them better manage chronic diseases.
- Greater operational efficiency: You can integrate IoT data with enterprise systems easily and with less effort. Also, the platform’s scalable and secure architecture ensures that it will meet your future performance needs even as the numbers of devices and users grow.
- Better performance: Achieve edge processing by leveraging device computing power to improve intelligence, performance, and scalability, as well as optimize network traffic and cloud computing.
Tata Consultancy Services' (TCS') Connected Universe Platform is a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offering that accelerates the development and deployment of IoT applications for organizations across industries such as healthcare,insurance, and manufacturing. This enables organizations to create innovative products and intelligent infrastructure, boost operational efficiencies, and craft new customer experiences. The solution also facilitates sensor device management, data acquisition and storage, and analytics, helping companies offer unique services to their customers.
The TCS Advantage
Download Brochure: TCS Connected Universe Platform (108 KB)