Oil and Gas (O&G) companies typically use a wide range of IT solutions managed by multiple vendors.
This sort of asset-centric distributed application management:
- Leads to redundancies stemming from non-standardized workflows
- Complicates the IT services delivery model for each business unit
- Reduces efficiency and raises overall operational costs
Therefore, companies must consolidate IT operations across vendors and locations to derive maximum RoI from IT.
TCS Application Management Services for the O&G industry help firms consolidate their upstream IT services landscape, improving the overall efficiency of their global business operations.
We adopt a service-line approach to structure three pivotal components:
- Service management layer: serves as the central mechanism for IT governance to manage suppliers and contracts for quality output, greater scalability, and higher efficiency.
- Service integration layer: comprises critical functions that foster collaboration among IT suppliers, business leaders, and the IT division.
- Service provision layer: handles IT operations including application delivery (AD), application management (AM) and factory services, where supplier delivery is executed. The factory-based approach is applied to quality assurance, data migration, and training processes to ensure high quality and reduced costs.
- Provide a superior experience to business application users
- Scale up quickly to accommodate growth targets & aspirations
- Ensure better responsiveness and faster service delivery
- Reduce TCO and operational costs through process optimization
- Reduce IT service outages associated with maintenance downtime
- Harmonize individual contributions of all involved stakeholders