A robust strategy factors in governance at every stage of the cloud journey
Most companies understand the importance of governance in IT; however, few have the capabilities to ensure the same for on-premise to cloud migration. Investing in a comprehensive cloud governance framework across the three horizons of a typical cloud adoption journey is what can separate leaders from laggards. A robust cloud governance framework:
- Enhances business value: Aligns cloud adoption with business objectives across the cloud adoption stages.
- Standardizes technology: Regulates technology adoption, which in turn reduces technology debt and streamlines cloud services management.
- Tackles security and compliance: Ensures security of infrastructure, applications, and data, while ensuring data sovereignty.
- Drives audit readiness: Enables stage gate review process for infrastructure applications.
- Drives cost optimization: Ensures high ROI.
- Enables continuous improvement: Allows periodical review of the reference architecture, approved list of services, security controls and cost optimization techniques.