You have reached the TCS privacy addendum for Bahrain. To go back to the general TCS privacy notice, please click here.
For natural persons (data subjects) in BAHRAIN, when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the Law No. (30) of 2018 with Respect to Personal Data Protection law (“PDPL”) and responsible as a ‘data controller’ for such personal data. Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you in Bahrain; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS.
How we will use your personal data –
Where the PDPL is applicable to TCS, we are only permitted to process your personal data on the basis of certain legal requirements which are outlined in the applicable legislation. As such, you will find below the valid legal bases which permits us to process your personal data for the fulfilment of one of the below purposes (which are outlined more specifically above in our general notice).
1. To ensure access to our website and online services
Under the PDPL, the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in enabling and improving our website and online services, or consent, where requested and obtained.
2. To answer your queries, support and contact requests
Under the PDPL, the lawful basis for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in behaving as a responsible organization in dealing with these matters, or consent, where requested and obtained.
3. Subscriptions to our promotional communications
Under the PDPL, the lawful basis for this processing is the consent, where requested and obtained.
4. To administer events and associated activities
Under the PDPL, the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in organizing and running such events, or consent, where requested and obtained.
5. To manage, administer and fulfil the obligations under contracts, and regulations
Under the PDPL, and depending on the processing activity, the lawful bases for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing services to your company or employer, or legal obligation.
6. To promote TCS brand, products, initiatives, and values with marketing communications
Under the PDPL, the lawful basis for this processing is TCS’ legitimate interests in promoting its brand, products, initiatives and values, or consent, where requested and obtained.
Transferring Bahrain Data Subject information outside the Bahrain
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside Bahrain, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see "How we will use information about you"). Where there isn't an adequacy decision by the Bahrain authorities in respect of those countries - meaning that these are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data - we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure. These measures include Data Transfer Agreements. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officers (see contacts below).
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request for rectification / blocking. This enables you to request for rectification or block the personal data that we hold about you. You can ask us to update any incomplete, inaccurate or out of date information we hold about you, to be corrected or blocked.
- Request to erasure. This enables you to ask us, in certain situations, to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing. This enables you to object the processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
o You have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
o PDPL also enables you to object to processing causing material or psychological damage to you or others or making the data publicly available.
- Automated decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Other rights. PDPL also enables you with the following additional rights –
o To have your data stored in a manner which does not make them identifiable
o To have your data protected and not to disclose the data to any unauthorized party without your consent
If you are Bahrain resident and want to exercise a data subject right in connection to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer for the Bahrain (see contacts below).
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance of TCS with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Personal Data Protection Supervisory Authority under PDPL
If you're not satisfied of how we process your personal data and the processing of your personal data is subject to PDPL, you can lodge a complaint at any time to our Data Protection Officers or to the relevant Personal Data Protection Supervisory Authority –
Website - http://www.pdp.gov.bh/en/contact.html