TCS' Product Development Information Technology (PDIT) Transformation Framework covers the entire landscape of IT systems and processes used across the product lifecycle—from planning to design and development, market launch, after-sales service, and retirement. It includes:
- Process management: Comprehensive management of project requirements and product data across the product development cycle, from portfolio planning to design and after-sales services.
- IT systems management: Development, maintenance and support of diverse applications, along with integration planning and execution.
- Business value measurement system: Evaluation of the product development progress along the maturity curve, with metrics such as TCO and business benefits monitored by key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Customer Centric Business Transformation (CCBT): As the core engine of the PDIT framework, this enables innovation with customer-centricity as the guiding principle, thereby effecting enterprise wide transformation.
TCS' PDIT transformation offering delivers improvements across the business value chain. By leveraging this solution, you can:
- Accelerate time-to-market by reducing process and IT system complexities and through enhanced vendor and partner collaboration.
- Improve product quality by ensuring access to the right data at the right time, through customercentric innovations and by resolving intellectual property (IP) issues.
- Implement application rationalization and complexity reduction up to 80 percent, and ensure nearly 80 percent vendor consolidation.
- Manage the cost of product development operations for both existing and new product lines.
- Maximize the value from investments made in product development cycles and ensure cost savings of up to 40 percent over a period of two years.
The TCS Advantage
- Service level agreement (SLA) driven cost savings: With well-defined KPIs and metrics to measure and track performance, we have delivered up to 50 percent savings to clients by improving end-to-end PDIT processes.
- Consolidation and transformation services: To optimize investments and ensure success, TCS identifies the scope for consolidation and transformation.
- Rapid transition with zero disruptions: TCS’ techniques and procedures enable rapid transition during vendor consolidation, while minimizing the risk of disruption to business-critical product launches.
- Change Management for smooth transformation: By including cultural change management within the scope of PDIT, we attempt to raise the awareness and reduce the risk of implementing an enterprise-wide business transformation initiative.