Rogers Communications is a diversified Canadian communications and media company engaged in four primary lines of business -
- Rogers Wireless, Canada's largest wireless voice and data communications services provider
- Rogers Cable, Canada's largest cable television provider
- Rogers Media, Canada's premier collection of category leading media assets
- Rogers Telecom, a national provider of telephony, data networking, and broadband Internet connectivity, to small, medium and large businesse across the country
Initially, the various business lines of Rogers were using GIS independently for business analysis creating spatial data islands in the organisation. Managing and exploiting the massive amounts of customer and network operations data accumulated was vital for the company to drive organisation-wide business decisions and gain important business advantages in an intensely competitive industry. The company wanted a single view of their business and decided to implement a centralised spatially enabled database. This would help bring together data from many sources for visual display and analysis, creating a more complete picture, aiding decision-making.
TCS developed an enterprise level spatially enabled database integrated with a web mapping application.TCS’ expertise in geospatial, business intelligence and data warehouse technologies helped to conceptualise and develop spatially enabled system thereby, bridging the gap between multiple information islands.
This kind of a customer approach through visual BI is new to the industry. The users can now view the spread of subscriber base and products they have subscribed, at the click of a button. In addition, the senior management can view how the business is performing geographically. TCS successfully implemented the Spatial Enablement Project, despite the complexity of integrating two different technologies.
TCS’ structured approach, expertise & delivery delivered the following benefits to Rogers:
- Improved decision-making capabilities by enabling spatial and multivariate business data analysis
- Integrated spatial dashboards for various levels.
- Effective customer and market analysis
- Improved customer retention
- Improved target marketing capabilities
- Improved campaign management