TCS understands these challenges and can help you drive this transformation. We combine our rich experience in servicing the media industry with our content products, services and offerings to deliver the technological solutions you need.
Media consumption has transformed
- Consumers migrate to multiple channels to access entertainment (online, video-to-PC, mobile devices, IPTV).
- Consumers are also engaging in the production or “enhancement” or “augmentation” of content.
- The piracy of copyrighted material particularly, music and video has become increasingly problematic.
Advertisement landscape is changing
- Online advertising continues to outpace the traditional forms of media advertising.
- Magazines, newspapers and television are seeing a negative growth.
- Internet advertising is increasing every year.
Media companies’ requirements are changing
- There is greater flexibility to implement new workflows and multiple distribution platforms.
- There is increased focus on rights and content management.
- Production and IT technology will be the key competitive differentiators.
- Migration to fully digital, file-based workflows, both in live broadcast environments and post-production
- Manage and automate ingest “intelligently” from multiple content sources, while managing distribution to multiple channels
- Engage audiences on multiple platforms with multiple content formats, while managing operational costs
- Automate multichannel, multi-format production, ingest, play-out and rights management processes
- Need for investment in digital workflow to retain market leadership
- Need to replace traditional and often proprietary equipment with standard-based digital technology and reuse its content
What TCS Provides
Our end-to-end offerings for the media industry cover the full content value chain from content creation to content monetization and help our customers to benefit from the opportunities the transforming landscape provides. We offer solutions in the following three areas:
- Enabling creativity and productivity to co-exist
- Exploiting new format opportunities
- Reducing time-to-air while lowering cost-to-air
- Broadening the system interoperability experience
- Capturing value and providing access
- Supporting content protection strategy
- Managing the essence cost effectively
- Providing segmented access to archived material
Content Distribution and Content Monetization
- Saving transport cost and being on time
- Automating the media supply chain
- Enabling multidirectional high-speed exchanges
- Providing support for field or hub operations
Our solutions are powered by the following:
- Customer-centric innovation driven by the TCS Co-innovation Network (COIN)
- Outcome-driven business consulting
- End-to-end IT service offerings covering IT solutions, infrastructure services and BPO
- Digital Media Center of Excellence (CoE) that tracks the latest industry trends/challenges and provides solutions leveraging best practices
- Alliances that leverage combined experiences in technology and business to provide successful solutions
Partnering with TCS will help achieve the following business benefits:
- Building an intelligent and solid foundation for multiplatform distribution
- Proven technology partner for developing managed digital service platforms to enable content companies to repurpose and manage assets effectively
- Optimizing Operational Cost
- Providing YoY productivity improvement through process improvement and resource restructuring
- Achieving cost reduction through consolidation for application development and maintenance
- Realizing savings in application re-engineering and consolidation in the digital media
- Increasing Revenue
- Improving content monetization by digitizing content
- Automating the media supply chain to support the needs of new distribution models
TCS is the solution partner for Tata Communications Mosaic Platform.
Mosaic enables enterprises to deliver innovative services that meet rapidly changing consumer demands, maintain and expand audience numbers, provide flexibility of an open operating environment and lower production costs. One of Mosaic’s unique capabilities is that it provides complete digital asset management, ensuring secure, efficient access to content and workflow throughout the value chain, which is delivered as an online service over the web.
Mosaic’s service-oriented architecture enables media companies to monetize digital content more efficiently while addressing the challenges of globalization and fragmented consumption of media faced by the industry.
The new service is targeted at the entire spectrum of media customers encompassing content creators, producers, post-production houses, digital media publishers, content service providers and TV channels.