As enterprises are looking to deploy their workloads in cloud, there is a need to formulate an expansive and forward-looking cloud cost strategy to understand the real costs of cloud options. Effective cloud cost management requires:
- Collaboration between finance and technology
- Improved visibility on cloud spend
- Continuous optimization
- Automation and standardization
Companies need to adopt cloud financial management practices to achieve a strategic cloud cost management policy:
- Defining business KPIs: Businesses need to correlate their KPIs to cloud costs to manage the spending and assess the business impact on overall cost growth and optimization.
- Having visibility of the cloud operation and spend: Establishing a tagging strategy can help in mapping the spend data to the organizational hierarchy by cost centers, applications, and business units, followed by defining a budget.
- Tracking utilization and optimization: Enterprises need to leverage a data-driven framework to identify expensive, low-utilization, or oversized resources, and decide the reserved or committed capacity required.
Monitoring ongoing improvements: Businesses need to establish a policy-driven cleanup and storage life-cycle management to improve efficiency and innovation.
Click on the "Read More" button to read the entire article.
Click on the contact icon at the bottom right to talk to our subject matter experts.