You have reached the TCS privacy addendum for Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (Saudi).
To go back to the general TCS privacy notice, please click here.
For natural persons (data subjects) in SAUDI, when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the Personal data protection law (Royal Decree No. (M/19) dated 1443/2/9 AH), the Main Principles of Personal Information Protection and the Main Principles and General Rules for Sharing Data issued by the Saudi Data and Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA) and National Data Management Office (NDMO) (“PDPL”) and responsible as a ‘data controller’ for such personal data. Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you in SAUDI; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS.
Transferring SAUDI Data Subject information outside the SAUDI
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside SAUDI, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed in our general TCS privacy notice (please click here. and see "How we will use information about you"). Where there isn't a special legislation on Personal Data Protection meaning that these are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data - we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure, these measures include Data Transfer Agreements. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officers (see contacts below).
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the following rights:
- Right to knowledge. This enables you to be informed about the legal or practical justification considered for collecting your personal data, and the purpose thereof, and not to process your data later in a manner inconsistent with the purpose of its collection.
- Right to Access. This right is commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to access and receive a copy of the personal data in a clear format which we hold about you, upon submitting a request.
- Request for Correction. This enables you to request for correction of the personal data that we hold about you. You can ask us to update any incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date information we hold about you, to be corrected.
- Right to request the destruction. This enables you to request controller to destroy your personal data available at the controlling authority.
- Right to Filing a Complaint. This enables you the right to file a complaint with competent authority, if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes PDPL. [For the first two years from PDPL taking effect on 17th March 2023, the Saudi Data & Artificial Intelligence Authority (SDAIA) will be the Competent Authority. After two years, as the data protection landscape develops in Saudi, the National Data Management Authority (NDMO) will become the Competent Authority.]
If you are SAUDI resident and want to exercise a data subject right in connection to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer for the SAUDI (see contacts below).
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance of TCS with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer for Saudi