You have reached the TCS privacy addendum for UAE.
To go back to the general TCS privacy notice, please click here For TCS Privacy notice.
For natural persons (data subjects) in UAE, when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we may be subject to the Federal Decree-Law No. 45 of 2021 on the Protection of Personal Data (United Arab Emirates) (“PPD”) and responsible as a ‘data controller’ for such personal data. Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you in UAE; including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS.
Transferring UAE Data Subject information outside the UAE
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside UAE, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see "How we will use information about you"). Where there isn't a special legislation on Personal Data Protection meaning that these are not deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for your personal data - we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure. These measures include Data Transfer Agreements. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officers (see contacts below).
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the following rights:
- Right to Obtain Information. This right is commonly known as a “data subject access request”. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you upon submitting a request.
- Right to Request Personal Data Transfer. This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit the personal data that you have provided to us to another party, whenever this is technically feasible.
- Request for Correction or Erasure. This enables you to request for correction or erasure of the personal data that we hold about you. You can ask us to update any incomplete, inaccurate, or out of date information we hold about you, to be corrected or to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Right to Restrict Processing. This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Right to Stop Processing. This enables you to object to and stop the processing if the processing of your personal data is for direct marketing purposes, including profiling related to direct marketing or for the purposes of conducting statistical surveys, unless the Processing is necessary to achieve the public interest or if the processing is in violation of your rights.
- Right to Processing and Automated Processing. This right enables you not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to Filing a Complaint. This enables you the right to file a complaint with UAE Data Office (established by virtue of Federal Decree-Law No. 44/2021), if you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes PPD. UAE Data Office is the regulatory and enforcing authority responsible for the protection of the privacy of individuals.
If you are UAE resident and want to exercise a data subject right in connection to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer for the UAE (see contacts below).
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance of TCS with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer for UAE