You have reached the TCS privacy addendum for the United Kingdom To go back to the general TCS privacy notice, please click here.
For residents (data subjects) of the United Kingdom (UK), when we collect and use personal data (information) about you, we are required to comply with all applicable data protection legislation including:
1. Data Protection Act 2018
2. UK General Data Protection Regulation
3. Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 collectively the “Legislation”
TCS is a ‘data controller’ for such personal data and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Below you will find the additional specific provisions applicable to you as a resident within the UK, including your rights to your data as it may be processed by TCS.
How we will use your personal data
Where the Legislation is applicable to TCS, we are only permitted to process your personal data on the basis of certain legal requirements which are outlined in the applicable legislation. As such, you will find below the valid legal bases which permits us to process your personal data for the fulfilment of one of the below purposes (which are outlined more specifically above in our general notice).
1. To ensure access to our website and online services
Under the legislation, the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in enabling and improving our website and online services, or consent, where requested and obtained.
2. To answer your queries, support and contact requests
Under the legislation the lawful basis for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, or for our legitimate interests in behaving as a responsible organization in dealing with these matters, or consent, where requested and obtained.
3. Subscriptions to our promotional communications
Under the Legislation the lawful basis for this processing is the consent, where requested and obtained.
4. To administer events and associated activities
Under the Legislation the lawful basis for this processing is our legitimate interest in organizing and running such events, or consent, where requested and obtained.
5. To manage, administer and fulfil the obligations under contracts, and regulations
Under the Legislation and depending on the processing activity, the lawful bases for this processing may be for the performance of a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract with you, our legitimate interest in providing services to your company or employer, or legal obligation.
6. To promote TCS brand, products, initiatives, and values with marketing communications
Under the Legislation the lawful basis for this processing is TCS’ legitimate interests in promoting its brand, products, initiatives and values, or consent, under PECR where requested and obtained for email communications.
Transferring UK Data Subject information outside the UK
We may transfer the personal data we collect about you to one of more countries outside the UK, including India, in order to perform one of the activities listed above (see "How we will use information about you").
Where there is not a UK adequacy regulation in respect of such a country - meaning that the UK government has not decided that the particular country provides an adequate level of protection for your personal data - we have put in place the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data will be secure.
These measures include Transfer Risk Assessments and Data Transfer Agreements based on the ICO International Data Transfer Agreement or ICO addendum to the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it from our Data Protection Officer (see contact details below).
Rights of data subjects under UK Legislation
If TCS is processing of your personal data as a Data Controller you are entitled to the rights listed below.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you ask us to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us, in certain situations, to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Data portability: This enables you to ask us, in certain circumstances, to provide you with the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit the personal data that you have provided to us to another party.
- Automated decision-making: The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
If you are United Kingdom resident and want to exercise a data subject right in connection to your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer for the United Kingdom (see contacts below).
What we may need from you
If you exercise one of the above rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and that you are entitled to make such a request. This is to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
If you're not satisfied of how we process your personal data, you can lodge a complaint at any time to our Data Protection Officer or the Information Commissioner’s Office who can be contacted using the information at this website (https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/)
Data Protection Officer
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) to oversee compliance of TCS with applicable data protection laws and with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact:
Data Protection Officer for UK and Ireland