“TCS gave us the comfort to trust as if they were an integral part of our organization; we will never forget what TCS has done for this engagement.”
- Saudi Arabian Airlines, Muhammad Ali Albakri, CIO and CFO
The TCS Advantage | Our Solutions | Services | Download PDF (PDF, 396 KB)
The TCS Advantage
We have over 20 years of experience in the airline industry. We work with 7 of the top 10 global airlines and 2 of the 3 airlines alliances – this makes us a leading IT service provider for the global airline industry. Partnering with TCS offers:
Domain and technology expertise: TCS has a focused business unit and a dedicated travel practice to cater to the specific needs of the airlines industry. We have extensive experience in airlines systems across the entire travel enterprise value chain: from Passenger Service System (PSS) to planning and operations to customer centered technologies like mobile, check-in, and social media. There are assets and offerings for each of these areas developed using our technology expertise and domain understanding. We have industry-specific technology expertise across platforms such as teletypes, ecommerce, communications, integration platforms, and shared infrastructure platforms like Common Use Self Service (CUSS) and Common Use Terminal Equipment (CUTE).
A Travel Innovation Lab: TCS has invested in a dedicated Innovation Lab for the travel industry to incubate futuristic ideas, co-innovate, and develop frameworks and prototypes of game-changing solutions. The Lab is equipped with best-in-class infrastructure, and is well networked with external academia and industry experts to provide an environment that is conducive to experiment, and develop next generation solutions. Some of the solutions developed in our Lab have been successfully deployed at customer environments.
Global delivery expertise and full-service offerings: By leveraging our quality models, such as CMMi, PCMM, Six Sigma, ISO, and BS7799, we ensure absolute service maturity. In addition, our Global Network Delivery Model™ and various delivery assurance groups ensure cost competitiveness. TCS has a range of service offerings and an asset portfolio that covers the entire airline enterprise value chain.
Strategic relationships: We have partnerships with global technology leaders like IBM, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, BEA, etc. We also work closely with specific domain solution providers and hosting providers like TCL – this gives us a leading edge to provide an end-to-end solution, with TCS as a single point of contact. In addition, we offer a joint product solution with British Airways for the airline MRO industry.
We look at technology as a business enabler that can enable new service offerings, reduce costs, and help reach and engage customers. We bring several advanced airline IT solutions and ideas in areas such as new generation airlines passenger solutions, airlines MRO, airlines mobility solutions, and ecommerce for business agility and improved airlines customer experience management.
- CrewCollab: CrewCollab, a tablet based solution, provides cabin crew with complete passenger information, enabling them to provide better service and enriched customer experience. The solution also enhances crew productivity and enables them to stay connected with their peers and the larger organization.
- SWIFT MRO: SWIFT MRO is a proven, fully integrated, preconfigured business process transformation solution for end-to-end airline MRO operations. Developed in collaboration with British Airways, it is based on the latest SAP ECC 6.0 platform and fully certified by SAP AG as adhering to NetWeaver standards.
- Travel Services Platform (TSP): TSP is an enterprise enablement platform. It comprises enterprise architecture principles, in-built airline-specific components, and other solution accelerators like frameworks, operating models, templates, and KPIs to realize these architecture principles. TSP helps IT transformation and creates and sustains differentiation, resulting in an IT infrastructure that is flexible and agile enough to meet the changing needs of the airline business.
- Crew Power: Crew Power provides the near real-time information to crew on their handheld devices that empowers them to provide better and personalised service to the customers. It enables crew to offer personalised services by providing comprehensive information about each passenger including their travel preferences and loyalty status. It extends the availability of crew manuals in electronic format and provides functionality for managing customer feedback and complaints.
- Airport Assistant: Airport Assistant is a single application to cater to various airport functionalities. It allows the customer service agents to be mobile and have complete information about customers, flights and airport. It allows the agents to handle customer queries where the customer is, and not the other way.
- Real-time loyalty: Real-time loyalty solution enables customer information across all touch points to help serve customers better and in turn increase the loyalty levels among customers. It helps identifying customers and treating them on par with the value the individual generates to the airlines and increases the opportunity to cross-sell /up-sell.
- Air Buddy: Air Buddy is a customer centric application and has many features by which the transaction processes are simplified. Various self service processes around check-in, baggage tracking & alerting are incorporated into the application in an innovative and user friendly manner.
- Transformational Services such as enterprise architecture consulting, IT strategy formulation, process transformation, and innovation.
- Application Services such as application development, support, and quality assurance services across technology spanning the airline IT landscape.
- Infrastructure Services such as remote management, help desk, desktop and Network Management, End User Computing Services (EUCS), and hosting.
- Airlines BPO for best-in-class back-office services across both the vertical and horizontal business processes. Airline-specific BPO service areas include airline revenue accounting (both passenger and cargo), revenue management, passenger reservation systems, fare filing and distribution, loyalty bonus program management, customs clearance, crew management, GDS database management, etc. In addition, we also provide horizontal BPO services in the areas of HR management, supply chain management, finance and accounting, and customer interaction management/KPO (analytics).