“TCS gave us the comfort to trust as if they were an integral part of our organization; we will never forget what TCS has done for this engagement.”
- Saudi Arabian Airlines, Muhammad Ali Albakri, CIO and CFO
The TCS Advantage | Our Solutions | Services | Download PDF (PDF, 396 KB)
The TCS Advantage
We have over 20 years of experience in the airline industry. We work with 7 of the top 10 global airlines and 2 of the 3 airlines alliances – this makes us a leading IT service provider for the global airline industry. Partnering with TCS offers:
Domain and technology expertise: TCS has a focused business unit and a dedicated travel practice to cater to the specific needs of the airlines industry. We have extensive experience in airlines systems across the entire travel enterprise value chain: from Passenger Service System (PSS) to planning and operations to customer centered technologies like mobile, check-in, and social media. There are assets and offerings for each of these areas developed using our technology expertise and domain understanding. We have industry-specific technology expertise across platforms such as teletypes, ecommerce, communications, integration platforms, and shared infrastructure platforms like Common Use Self Service (CUSS) and Common Use Terminal Equipment (CUTE).
A Travel Innovation Lab: TCS has invested in a dedicated Innovation Lab for the travel industry to incubate futuristic ideas, co-innovate, and develop frameworks and prototypes of game-changing solutions. The Lab is equipped with best-in-class infrastructure, and is well networked with external academia and industry experts to provide an environment that is conducive to experiment, and develop next generation solutions. Some of the solutions developed in our Lab have been successfully deployed at customer environments.
Global delivery expertise and full-service offerings: By leveraging our quality models, such as CMMi, Six Sigma, ISO, and BS7799, we ensure absolute service maturity. In addition, our Global Network Delivery Model™ and various delivery assurance groups ensure cost competitiveness. TCS has a range of service offerings and an asset portfolio that covers the entire airline enterprise value chain.
Strategic relationships: We have partnerships with global technology leaders like IBM, Oracle, SAP, Microsoft, BEA, etc. We also work closely with specific domain solution providers and hosting providers like TCL – this gives us a leading edge to provide an end-to-end solution, with TCS as a single point of contact. In addition, we offer a joint product solution with British Airways for the airline MRO industry.
We look at technology as a business enabler that can enable new service offerings, reduce costs, and help reach and engage customers. We bring several advanced airline IT solutions and ideas in areas such as new generation airlines passenger solutions, airlines MRO, airlines mobility solutions, and ecommerce for business agility and improved airlines customer experience management.
- CrewCollab: CrewCollab, a tablet based solution, provides cabin crew with complete passenger information, enabling them to provide better service and enriched customer experience. The solution also enhances crew productivity and enables them to stay connected with their peers and the larger organization.
- SWIFT MRO: SWIFT MRO is a proven, fully integrated, preconfigured business process transformation solution for end-to-end airline MRO operations. Developed in collaboration with British Airways, it is based on the latest SAP ECC 6.0 platform and fully certified by SAP AG as adhering to NetWeaver standards.
- Travel Services Platform (TSP): TSP is an enterprise enablement platform. It comprises enterprise architecture principles, in-built airline-specific components, and other solution accelerators like frameworks, operating models, templates, and KPIs to realize these architecture principles. TSP helps IT transformation and creates and sustains differentiation, resulting in an IT infrastructure that is flexible and agile enough to meet the changing needs of the airline business.
- Real-time loyalty: Real-time loyalty solution enables customer information across all touch points to help serve customers better and in turn increase the loyalty levels among customers. It helps identifying customers and treating them on par with the value the individual generates to the airlines and increases the opportunity to cross-sell /up-sell.
- PSS Services: Airline PSS systems form the core of their operations. PSS Migration programs are very complex and critical as they impact most of the other applications and can potentially affect airline operations. TCS has extensive experience in PSS systems and is helping leading airlines for the last 20 years. Using accelerators like travel series platform, reusable test cases and other custom tools TCS helps airlines migrate their PSS systems faster, smoother and effectively.
- Digital Platform Solution: Our framework for a multi-channel, context aware, future ready airline ecommerce platform which provides customers with agility, flexibility and accelerated time to market, enriched customer experience across channels, personalized and targeted offerings, contextual and proactive push for ancillaries, beyond flight products, new channels, drive innovation and competitive differentiation. TCS` platform brings desired agility and flexibility to ensure faster enhancement and new feature addition vis-a –vis other solutions in the market.
- CEM & Loyalty Services: TCS' solutions and services on CEM and Loyalty enable travel organizations to move a step closer to their customers, to provide personalized services thereby improving customer stickiness. Our offerings enable companies to create a single view of customers, enrich guest experience across all touch points, retain profitable customers and empower their employees to provide better services. Our differentiators include extensive travel domain experience, innovative solutions like CrewCollab, Agent Power, iMenu and others and fully functional feature rich loyalty solutions like MARMS and TCS Rewardz platform.
- Inflight Planning System: TCS Inflight Solution offers improved menu planning, pricing and invoice processing, access to a portfolio of product offerings reducing re-work and improving customer satisfaction, better inflight services experience, improved visibility and decision support for the management of menu planning, reduction in the time spent managing the process, central store for management information and reduction in financial risks.
- Transformational Services such as enterprise architecture consulting, IT strategy formulation, process transformation, and innovation.
- Application Services such as application development, support, and quality assurance services across technology spanning the airline IT landscape.
- Infrastructure Services such as remote management, help desk, desktop and Network Management, End User Computing Services (EUCS), and hosting.
- Airlines BPO for best-in-class back-office services across both the vertical and horizontal business processes. Airline-specific BPO service areas include airline revenue accounting (both passenger and cargo), revenue management, passenger reservation systems, fare filing and distribution, loyalty bonus program management, customs clearance, crew management, GDS database management, etc. In addition, we also provide horizontal BPO services in the areas of HR management, supply chain management, finance and accounting, and customer interaction management/KPO (analytics).