DuPont wanted to create a better experience for its employees.
A simple thing like access to leave information can improve employee experience. But for the Speciality Products division of DuPont, one of the world's largest producers of chemicals and science-based products, its legacy human resources management (HRM) system made the year-end maintenance process lengthy and tiresome. Also, the application was not very user-friendly and required several manual steps. There were other challenges such as:
- Application had to be shut down for two weeks every year for year-end maintenance, blocking user access during that time.
- Workflow failure during high load conditions caused major issues and increased the number of tickets raised.
- Leave archival process was time-consuming and required continuous monitoring.
- Employee bulk updates involved a high level of manual activity, which was prone to error.
- There was no provision to manage employees’ loss of pay.
The company realized that bringing in automation to improve efficiencies was the way forward.