Ecetra required a real-time order management system to manage the high trade volumes.
Ecetra, a subsidiary of Erste Bank Gruppe was launched as an online brokerage services provider. To be able to support the rising trade volumes, Ecetra wanted to deploy robust IT infrastructure that would be available round the clock. TCS BaNCS for Securities Processing was expected to support its web-trading system for order acceptance, management, and routing operations, and be compatible with internal databases and third-party applications. Ecetra decided to partner with TCS BaNCS to implement a system backed by real-time analytics capabilities and high straight-through-processing (STP).
TCS BaNCS for Securities Processing was rolled out at Ecetra in just about nine months.
. The solution’s multichannel architecture enabled the online accessibility of application services. It was integrated with Ecetra's front-end order management system and offered uninterrupted availability for inquiry and order acceptance and processing. Aligned with Ecetra's geographical expansion strategy, TCS BaNCS enabled the following:
- Capturing executed orders from the front-end, facilitating client bookings, and accomplishing market-side settlements
- Upholding the value chain — from order acquisition and execution, client accounting, settlement, and control to reporting and financial accounting
- Performing financial accounting and interfacing with legal reporting portals
- Processing securities position keeping and corporate events
- Reconciliations with custodians
- Interfacing with significant regulatory systems such as Edifact (Austrian payment clearing system), Smart Stream (Nostro Reconciliation), and Svenson (Legal reporting)