What TCS Provides
TCS partners with industrial manufacturers to achieve their business objectives such as containing costs, improving operating efficiencies across the value chain including manufacturing, procurement and logistics, plant maintenance, sales, distribution and aftermarket areas, and improving the time-to-market of new products.
TCS leverages various industry standard best practices, management principles, tools and techniques, and methodologies such as SCOR, Theory of Constraints, Simulated Value Stream Mapping and Lean Principles to deliver its services.
TCS’ Industrial Manufacturing services include the following:
- Streamlining business processes across the enterprise
- Agile and responsive supply chain management
- Enable equipment and spares sales through efficient channel management
- Spare parts inventory optimization
- Warranty process life cycle & field service management
- Seamless production management
- Benchmark supply chain performance to industry standards like SCOR
- Enterprise wide analytics for actionable information
- One Simple ABB – SAP Implementation: The One Simple ABB initiative began in 2006, aiming to harmonize ABB’s shared services, finance, HR and IS with the largest component being an ERP transformation that consolidated over 20 disparate systems. TCS’ help in making sure the core system works allows ABB, a leader in power and automation, to be more competitive in the market, allowing faster delivery to the customer and focus on the customer.
Watch three senior executives from ABB discuss their work with TCS on the One Simple ABB initiative.
- The TCS – TAFE Relationship: TAFE is a leading manufacturer of Tractors in India. TCS and TAFE relationship has grown since 2001 and today TCS is a Preferred Strategic IT Partner. TCS provides TAFE with services in IT consulting and business advisory in technology and domain areas. Some key engagements include the following:
- Developing Warranty Management System
- Developing Lead Management System
- Designing Dealer Management System (DMS)
- Developing Information Management System (TIMS)
- Designing a New Product Introduction (NPI) Strategy and Process
- System Enablement of NPI through PLM implementation
- TCS works with a diversified global industrial manufacturer to provide services in ERP, ADM, Engineering and EAI. We leverage our global network to support applications across Europe, Asia and North America including performance engineering support and test automation support. TCS supports the following key areas:
- Global Oracle ERP support and maintenance
- Web methods integration and development
- EDP testing services
- Engineering services in product development
- Data warehouse consulting and support