NFV shifts network functions from highly customized purpose-built hardware to shared industry-grade infrastructure with additional third-party software like hypervisors and virtual switches. Interoperability with multi-vendor solutions, multi-tenancy, dynamic scheduling and policy-driven provisioning, monitoring, faulthandling, and recovery bring in additional challenges, impacting the performance, cost, and reliability of NFV solutions. Lowered entry barriers and an extremely competitive market impact TEMs, who are finding it challenging to quickly roll out new NFV solutions.
TCS’ future-ready NFV Orchestration and Test Solution offers comprehensive verification of NFV services. It enables reuse of existing verification platforms and inter-operates with operational and business support systems (OSS/BSS), third-party traffic generators and other components of your telco cloud eco-system. TCS NFV Orchestration and Test Solution expedites your NFV deployments by automating verification of key activities like orchestration, configuration, lifecycle events, and functionality. The framework is model driven and eliminates the need for custom stubs. The extensible framework enables custom plug-ins for scaling and tracking of KPIs, providing a unique platform for comprehensive validation. The framework provides a detailed characterization report of virtualized network functions (VNFs), illustrating the performance metrics across a range of deployment architectures.
By adopting TCS NFV Orchestration and Test Solution, telcos can benefit from:
- Accelerated Service Roll-out: TCS’ verification framework accelerates NFV roll-out by enabling stub-less verification of the NFV services. The re-usable validation framework enables up to 30 percent reduction in the development cycle time.
- Unified Platform: The solution is certified by Red Hat and assures inter-operability with third-party systems on both north-bound and south-bound interfaces. This results in an integrated and comprehensive zero-touch NFV verification solution.
- Protected investments: By enabling reuse of existing test platforms, our solution reduces the learning curve and enables a single-pane verification suite across legacy and NFV systems.
The TCS Advantage
By partnering with TCS, telecommunication service providers can gain from:
- Domain expertise: TCS’ Centers of Excellence (CoEs) and laboratories specializing in orchestration, NFV, and virtualization enable cutting-edge research and development of competitive enablers and solutions. We also contribute to open-source communities such as OpenStack, OpenDaylight, OpenVSwitch, Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV), and Open Network Operating System (ONOS), building our industry knowhow and extending our thought leadership position.
- Strategic alliances: TCS’ extensive partner eco-system helps consolidate telco cloud solutions insights and customize solutions based on your requirements. By partnering with Red Hat, TCS offers a secure, reliable operating environment through Red Hat’s OpenStack® platform.
- Global reach: With more than 300 consultants serving customers across the globe, TCS offers end-to-end product engineering capability in the SDN and NFV domains.
Download Brochure (PDF, 118 KB)