Be it exchanges, central securities depositories (CSDs), central counterparties (CCP) or clearing houses, the conventional role played by market infrastructure (MI) providers in financial markets is undergoing a radical transformation today. Stricter regulations mandating greater transparency and better risk management are driving the push for multiple revenue streams and cost optimization.
Our comprehensive services enable infrastructure providers to leverage IT aggressively to improve processes, reduce operational costs, and shorten turnaround times across the entire value chain–from trading, and clearing and settlement, to risk and collateral management.
TCS’ Market Infrastructure Services help firms optimize costs and boost operational efficiency by re-engineering and automating their business processes, rationalizing in-house applications, and consolidating infrastructure
By partnering with us, you benefit from our:
- Proven track record: We have executed end to end, critical transformation projects for many market infrastructure firms in Europe, UK, North America, Asia Pacific, South Africa and Middle East over the last 30 years, gaining functional and technical expertise. TCS developed the world’s first multi asset clearing platform and was the first vendor to provide the Carbon Registry. We have also executed several early engagements for the European securities settlement engine, T2S, including initiatives associated with the T2S platform.
- Best practices and domain insights: With more than 30 market infrastructure providers as active customers, we have identified industry best practices. By leveraging our in-depth domain insights on transaction lifecycle processes, across asset classes, and using our ready to use tools, checklists, templates, process insights, and solution accelerators, we accelerate time to market and ensure superior quality.
- Industry partnerships: Over the years, we have built strong strategic alliances with leading technology and product vendors, such as Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Linux, SUN, GoldenSource, Fidessa, Calypso, Smartstream and Murex. This offers our clients access to a strong ecosystem that provides the latest technology, innovations, best practices and support.
TCS’ Market Infrastructure Services help market infrastructure(MI) firms develop and operate an integrated system for different asset classes such as equities, derivatives, and fixed income that optimizes total cost of ownership (TCO).
Our suite of Market Infrastructure Services leverages sophisticated technologies that can easily integrate with the existing IT setup in a service oriented architecture (SOA) framework to support straight through processing (STP) initiatives and market connectivity standards.
Our service portfolio encompasses:
- Business modeling and re-engineering: Consulting on potential changes to the business and operating models, along with business process re-engineering
- Functional and technical assessments: Analyzing the impact of regulations on your existing business practices and IT architecture to identify compliance related gaps
- Implementation roadmap design: Identifying key milestones for the implementation of customized or turnkey solutions based on the prioritization of requirements
- Application development and maintenance: Developing new IT systems and enhancing current applications and supporting financial market industry standard message formats such as ISO20022, XBRL, FpML and FIXML for easy integration and deployment
- Assurance services and data management: Devising an acceptance test strategy for new system development or enhancements, and executing it
- Data services: Ensuring data integrity, quality and standardized data across diverse asset classes
- Regulatory compliance: Optimize regulatory and compliance efforts for T2S, EMIR,MIFIDII, CSD-R and other harmonization programs
- Platform solution: TCS BaNCS MI solution can be deployed independently for each of these entities, or as a single solution for vertically integrated organizations that provide the entire range of trade and post-trade services
Comprising consulting, advisory, IT services, and products, TCS' highly scalable Market Infrastructure Services enable organizations to transform their business processes and enjoy sustainable competitive advantage. We deliver tangible benefits across the entire spectrum of market infrastructure, including trading, clearing, OTC services, surveillance, CSDs and registrar and transfer agency (RTA) services. We help you realize higher ROI through:
- Better systems for order matching and pricing
- Faster trade executions
- Implementation of cutting edge solutions with emerging technologies
- Efficient and standardized processes through business process re-engineering, custom build platforms and modernization
- Accelerated regulatory compliance with reduced risk of schedule delays and budget overruns