The A&D industry is one of the few industries where business is governed not only by the laws of demand and supply but also by international arms regulations and technology export restrictions. And yet, companies must leverage global supply chains to achieve cost advantage in an increasingly price sensitive market.
- The civil aerospace industry is chasing price-sensitive and demanding customers as the world’s airlines struggle to break even in economically challenging times.
- The defense sector is waking up to the reality of fixed priced contracts as government departments move away from cost plus pricing in defense procurement. And yet, products need to be on the cutting edge of technology and innovation.
The need for constant innovation, cutting edge technology and mission critical quality can be satisfied only with highly skilled resources and reuse of knowledge. And yet, replacement is hard to find for an ageing workforce which threatens even the existing talent pool.Global supply chains need capable suppliers which need time to develop. Distributed product development introduces additional program management risks. Both of these threaten the time to market. And yet, customer governments mandate industrial participation, and customers demand contractual penalties for late deliveries.
As one of the leading consumers of biofuel, the industry is always in the center of the environmental debate and constantly striving to introduce innovation to make its products “Green”. And yet, the typical product lifecycle is measured in decades, with World War II aircraft still in service today.
Major OEMs have backlogs running into several years of production and the industry is slated to grow at 5-6 % CAGR for the next 20 years. And yet, the major OEMs are planning to cut production two years down the line to keep costs under control.
Get The TCS Advantage
TCS is the first Indian company to be AS 9100: Rev B certified for design of airframe structures. Also, TCS has been accredited with certification from Indian Airworthiness Authorities (CEMILAC).
TCS’ capabilities in the aerospace space can help you in the following:
- Manage and increase visibility into global supply chain
- Supply chain rationalization
- Maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) solution consulting
- Cost reduction
- Facilitate lean process re-engineering and transformation
- Service parts inventory management
- Outsourcing engineering design and other business processes
TCS’ Aerospace Center of Excellence (CoE) with rich industry business and process knowledge develops aerospace focused vertical solutions. We have over 2000 aerospace technology consultants with rich industry experience to help you and your partners perform in challenging business environments.
“Having the reputation, resources and capabilities of the TCS partnership behind our low cost initiatives, gives our customers huge comfort in dealing with India... We continue to engage with TCS across all aspects of our low cost initiatives.”
-Gardner Aerospace, UK, Mark Cooper, Executive Vice President, Programs and Strategic Sourcing
“TCS has delivered successfully to tight and aggressive program schedules. The reusable tools created would also help BEA save time and manpower on future projects.”
-B/E Aerospace, Chris Winstrom, Chief Program Manager
Learn more about TCS’ aerospace and defense engineering solutions.