With increase in competition and continuous technological advances, businesses need to evaluate how well their IT investments are supporting business needs. Manufacturing companies therefore need solutions that systematically evaluate the level of IT enablement within an organization and align technology investments with business goals.
The TCS Advantage
- Global experience: As a global service provider with solutions across the value chain – from consulting and strategy development to delivery, we understand how IT helps business performance at several manufacturing organizations across the globe.
- Strategic consulting: We help you chart a business roadmap for attaining a strong and result-oriented IT landscape. Our depth of analysis and global perspective help you prioritize the focus areas to extract maximum value from existing IT investments and to develop strong business cases for additional investments.
- Vast domain knowledge: The solution draws upon our vast manufacturing domain knowledge.
Solutions we offer
Our solution uses industry-standard process reference models such as the Process Classification Framework (PCF) developed by the American Productivity and Quality Center (APQC). It measures the extent of digitization and automation, the level of analytics support and the adoption of newer technologies such as cloud, big data, mobility and social media.
The solution identifies gaps in IT enablement by benchmarking with industry peers and internal business groups. The identified gaps are prioritized for improvement based on their relevance, impact on business and a risk-return analysis of the investment required.
The solution offers the following key benefits:
- Quantify your IT performance: Improve transparency for stakeholders by providing metric-driven insights on the impact of IT on business performance.
- Optimize IT’s contribution to the business: Identify specific areas of improvement and drive greater digitization, automation and analytics with the help of benchmarking.
- Stay abreast with technology: Get incisive industry insights on the state of IT, enabling you to stay current on the latest groundbreaking technologies and make strategic IT decisions.
Download Brochure (PDF, 96 KB)